Codemasters focusing on getting the handling just right for Grid: Autosport
Codemasters is placing a lot of emphasis on getting the handling spot on for their new racing title Grid: Autosport.
In a new development blog entry they stated that handling is a make-or-break feature in racing games and they want it to be perfect in the new Grid title.
“On the one hand we have a solid, authentic handling model,” the entry began. “On the other hand, we have a new improved handling model, which we created following feedback from our community, and which we’ve tested with Autosport magazine journalists, members of the team and racing drivers. We love it, it’s a big improvement. So, simple decision right? Just pull the trigger and make it happen?"
It went on, “Well, to understand why this decision is creating the wringing of hands and tense glances around the room, you’d need to know a bit more about the way in which our handling model is linked to the rest of the game. It’s no secret that we take huge pride in our AI within Racing Studio, and the process involved in making human-like AI on track is extremely labour-intensive.”
Grid: Autosport is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on June the 27th.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year