Codemasters focusing on getting the handling just right for Grid: Autosport
Codemasters is placing a lot of emphasis on getting the handling spot on for their new racing title Grid: Autosport.
In a new development blog entry they stated that handling is a make-or-break feature in racing games and they want it to be perfect in the new Grid title.
“On the one hand we have a solid, authentic handling model,” the entry began. “On the other hand, we have a new improved handling model, which we created following feedback from our community, and which we’ve tested with Autosport magazine journalists, members of the team and racing drivers. We love it, it’s a big improvement. So, simple decision right? Just pull the trigger and make it happen?"
It went on, “Well, to understand why this decision is creating the wringing of hands and tense glances around the room, you’d need to know a bit more about the way in which our handling model is linked to the rest of the game. It’s no secret that we take huge pride in our AI within Racing Studio, and the process involved in making human-like AI on track is extremely labour-intensive.”
Grid: Autosport is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on June the 27th.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch