Evolution reveals the dynamic menu, the reason for Driveclub's delay
Evolution's Paul Rustchynsky, Driveclub's new game director has revealed their reasons for the extended delay of their ambitious PS4 social racer.
The game's innovative new social features revolve around the game's dynamic menu which connects those in the Driveclub community together. Rustchynsky revealed on the PS Blog that it wasn't quite right so they needed to extra time to make sure this key feature works.
“The dynamic menu is key to how much fun you’re going to get out of the game because it is the glue that connects you to everyone else in the Driveclub community,” Rustchynsky explained. “Whenever you fire up the game; between every race you play, and when you log in to Driveclub on your phone or tablet, the dynamic menu has to be slick to ensure your experience is seamlessly connected. Essentially it’s where you discover what to play, and who to play with.”
“It’s also absolutely vital to our ambition of growing a vibrant network of millions of connected clubs, who all share the excitement of driving amazing cars together,” he continued. “Whether they play just to have fun, or to complete every challenge and beat their rivals in every race, it’s this connected community who will keep the game fresh and enjoyable well after launch, so it makes sense for the connectivity to be perfect.”
Driveclub is due to be released on the PS4 on October the 7th in North America and October 8th in Europe and the UK.
- Valve introduces a new refund policy for Steam
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PC via Steam
- Dark Souls 3 could be revealed at E3
- This is not a hoax: Official Fallout 4 teaser site appears
- Windows 10 will launch at the end of next month
- The new King's Quest trailer looks at the making of the game's music
- Microsoft teases the world premiere of Rise Of The Tomb Raider's gameplay at E3 this month
- XCOM 2 coming to PC this November
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online