Evolution reveals the dynamic menu, the reason for Driveclub's delay
Evolution's Paul Rustchynsky, Driveclub's new game director has revealed their reasons for the extended delay of their ambitious PS4 social racer.
The game's innovative new social features revolve around the game's dynamic menu which connects those in the Driveclub community together. Rustchynsky revealed on the PS Blog that it wasn't quite right so they needed to extra time to make sure this key feature works.
“The dynamic menu is key to how much fun you’re going to get out of the game because it is the glue that connects you to everyone else in the Driveclub community,” Rustchynsky explained. “Whenever you fire up the game; between every race you play, and when you log in to Driveclub on your phone or tablet, the dynamic menu has to be slick to ensure your experience is seamlessly connected. Essentially it’s where you discover what to play, and who to play with.”
“It’s also absolutely vital to our ambition of growing a vibrant network of millions of connected clubs, who all share the excitement of driving amazing cars together,” he continued. “Whether they play just to have fun, or to complete every challenge and beat their rivals in every race, it’s this connected community who will keep the game fresh and enjoyable well after launch, so it makes sense for the connectivity to be perfect.”
Driveclub is due to be released on the PS4 on October the 7th in North America and October 8th in Europe and the UK.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny