Evolution reveals the dynamic menu, the reason for Driveclub's delay
Evolution's Paul Rustchynsky, Driveclub's new game director has revealed their reasons for the extended delay of their ambitious PS4 social racer.
The game's innovative new social features revolve around the game's dynamic menu which connects those in the Driveclub community together. Rustchynsky revealed on the PS Blog that it wasn't quite right so they needed to extra time to make sure this key feature works.
“The dynamic menu is key to how much fun you’re going to get out of the game because it is the glue that connects you to everyone else in the Driveclub community,” Rustchynsky explained. “Whenever you fire up the game; between every race you play, and when you log in to Driveclub on your phone or tablet, the dynamic menu has to be slick to ensure your experience is seamlessly connected. Essentially it’s where you discover what to play, and who to play with.”
“It’s also absolutely vital to our ambition of growing a vibrant network of millions of connected clubs, who all share the excitement of driving amazing cars together,” he continued. “Whether they play just to have fun, or to complete every challenge and beat their rivals in every race, it’s this connected community who will keep the game fresh and enjoyable well after launch, so it makes sense for the connectivity to be perfect.”
Driveclub is due to be released on the PS4 on October the 7th in North America and October 8th in Europe and the UK.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey