MGS remake in development
Eternal Darkness creators Silicon Knights are currently collaborating with Konami's Kideo Kojima and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, to remake the original Metal Gear Solid exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Konami aren't giving away much on this bizarre new project, but we expect new visuals to be implemented but the same plot to be employed.
"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube" commented Kojima. Though we're surprised such a remake is in the offing, and wonder what appeal it might hold for modern audiences more accustomed to the progress exhibited in more recent titles in the series.
Regardless, the game will be shown off at E3, and it will be interesting to see the direction these two design veterans choose to steer the project in.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3