MGS remake in development
Eternal Darkness creators Silicon Knights are currently collaborating with Konami's Kideo Kojima and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, to remake the original Metal Gear Solid exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Konami aren't giving away much on this bizarre new project, but we expect new visuals to be implemented but the same plot to be employed.
"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube" commented Kojima. Though we're surprised such a remake is in the offing, and wonder what appeal it might hold for modern audiences more accustomed to the progress exhibited in more recent titles in the series.
Regardless, the game will be shown off at E3, and it will be interesting to see the direction these two design veterans choose to steer the project in.
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season