MGS remake in development
Eternal Darkness creators Silicon Knights are currently collaborating with Konami's Kideo Kojima and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, to remake the original Metal Gear Solid exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Konami aren't giving away much on this bizarre new project, but we expect new visuals to be implemented but the same plot to be employed.
"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube" commented Kojima. Though we're surprised such a remake is in the offing, and wonder what appeal it might hold for modern audiences more accustomed to the progress exhibited in more recent titles in the series.
Regardless, the game will be shown off at E3, and it will be interesting to see the direction these two design veterans choose to steer the project in.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey