MGS remake in development
Eternal Darkness creators Silicon Knights are currently collaborating with Konami's Kideo Kojima and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, to remake the original Metal Gear Solid exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Konami aren't giving away much on this bizarre new project, but we expect new visuals to be implemented but the same plot to be employed.
"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube" commented Kojima. Though we're surprised such a remake is in the offing, and wonder what appeal it might hold for modern audiences more accustomed to the progress exhibited in more recent titles in the series.
Regardless, the game will be shown off at E3, and it will be interesting to see the direction these two design veterans choose to steer the project in.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year