MGS remake in development
Eternal Darkness creators Silicon Knights are currently collaborating with Konami's Kideo Kojima and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, to remake the original Metal Gear Solid exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Konami aren't giving away much on this bizarre new project, but we expect new visuals to be implemented but the same plot to be employed.
"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube" commented Kojima. Though we're surprised such a remake is in the offing, and wonder what appeal it might hold for modern audiences more accustomed to the progress exhibited in more recent titles in the series.
Regardless, the game will be shown off at E3, and it will be interesting to see the direction these two design veterans choose to steer the project in.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent