Sony deny PlayStation Phone rumours
Sony have this morning denied online chatter that the firm are working to release a PlayStation Phone, despite patent applications, insider gossip, and even positive noises from senior executives.
Sony Computer Entertainment's COO Jim Ryan was yesterday quoted in The Economic Times of India as stating that a PlayStation Phone partnership with Sony Ericsson was "definitely plausible," fanning further rumours that a device is in development.
However, Sony have today told UK games site CVG that the big cheese was misquoted in the report, assuring that no phone is in development at present.
"Jim Ryan was in fact misquoted by the Economic Times of India about this issue," Sony assure in a statement. "We do have talks with other arms of the Sony family about various topics but I can confirm we are not currently working together on the creation of a PlayStation Phone."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto