Sony deny PlayStation Phone rumours
Sony have this morning denied online chatter that the firm are working to release a PlayStation Phone, despite patent applications, insider gossip, and even positive noises from senior executives.
Sony Computer Entertainment's COO Jim Ryan was yesterday quoted in The Economic Times of India as stating that a PlayStation Phone partnership with Sony Ericsson was "definitely plausible," fanning further rumours that a device is in development.
However, Sony have today told UK games site CVG that the big cheese was misquoted in the report, assuring that no phone is in development at present.
"Jim Ryan was in fact misquoted by the Economic Times of India about this issue," Sony assure in a statement. "We do have talks with other arms of the Sony family about various topics but I can confirm we are not currently working together on the creation of a PlayStation Phone."
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet