Sony deny PlayStation Phone rumours
Sony have this morning denied online chatter that the firm are working to release a PlayStation Phone, despite patent applications, insider gossip, and even positive noises from senior executives.
Sony Computer Entertainment's COO Jim Ryan was yesterday quoted in The Economic Times of India as stating that a PlayStation Phone partnership with Sony Ericsson was "definitely plausible," fanning further rumours that a device is in development.
However, Sony have today told UK games site CVG that the big cheese was misquoted in the report, assuring that no phone is in development at present.
"Jim Ryan was in fact misquoted by the Economic Times of India about this issue," Sony assure in a statement. "We do have talks with other arms of the Sony family about various topics but I can confirm we are not currently working together on the creation of a PlayStation Phone."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent