Sony deny PlayStation Phone rumours
Sony have this morning denied online chatter that the firm are working to release a PlayStation Phone, despite patent applications, insider gossip, and even positive noises from senior executives.
Sony Computer Entertainment's COO Jim Ryan was yesterday quoted in The Economic Times of India as stating that a PlayStation Phone partnership with Sony Ericsson was "definitely plausible," fanning further rumours that a device is in development.
However, Sony have today told UK games site CVG that the big cheese was misquoted in the report, assuring that no phone is in development at present.
"Jim Ryan was in fact misquoted by the Economic Times of India about this issue," Sony assure in a statement. "We do have talks with other arms of the Sony family about various topics but I can confirm we are not currently working together on the creation of a PlayStation Phone."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below