Sony deny PlayStation Phone rumours
Sony have this morning denied online chatter that the firm are working to release a PlayStation Phone, despite patent applications, insider gossip, and even positive noises from senior executives.
Sony Computer Entertainment's COO Jim Ryan was yesterday quoted in The Economic Times of India as stating that a PlayStation Phone partnership with Sony Ericsson was "definitely plausible," fanning further rumours that a device is in development.
However, Sony have today told UK games site CVG that the big cheese was misquoted in the report, assuring that no phone is in development at present.
"Jim Ryan was in fact misquoted by the Economic Times of India about this issue," Sony assure in a statement. "We do have talks with other arms of the Sony family about various topics but I can confirm we are not currently working together on the creation of a PlayStation Phone."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update