MS offers Halo 3 to upgraders this Christmas
Microsoft will deliver all owners of the original Xbox and Xbox Live a free copy of Halo 3 this Christmas, providing they purchase a new Xbox 360 console to enjoy it all on.
The initiative is seemingly aimed at persuading original Xbox users to usher in the festive season with a shiny new 360 console, though you'll need to be an existing Live subscriber and an Xbox owner to take advantage.
Oh, and you'll also need to sign up for an Xbox Live Gold account with your new Xbox 360 - and visit this website to tell Microsoft about it - after which you'll be sent your free copy of Halo 3. Which we suppose isn't a dreadful offer, even if it does all seem rather convoluted.
The offer runs from November 21st until December 21st, and only North American gamers can apply at this stage.
Halo 3 copies will be sent out in January, we're told.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent