Master Chief voice actor speculates on what to expect from Halo 5
Steve Downes, the voice behind the Master Chief has been giving his thoughts on where the events of Halo 5 will take the legendary Spartan.
Downes predicts more emotional turmoil for the Master Chief and perhaps even a search to revive Cortana after she gave her life in the battle with the Didact at the end of Halo 4.
"By the time it got to Halo 4,” Downes began, “he was struggling with his own mortality and he was certainly struggling with his own emotional mortality. As things happened in Halo 4, and Cortana began to unravel, that was the only real emotional connection that he had experienced in his adult life. Not to mention what they did in a working relationship.”
"As he saw her begin to unwind and finally began to accept that there was going to be an end to her, I think it was extremely difficult for him to deal with,” he continued. “That was the challenge for me. You're not going to have a scene where Master Chief is going to become completely undone, fall to his knees, and start crying, but yet, there were emotions in him that he didn't really know how to deal with. When you're approaching that kind of a character, you have to figure out how to emote a character that is uncomfortable with emotion."
"There's nothing I can divulge to you because, quite frankly, I don't know anything!. Anything I'm saying here is pure speculation, but I thought that trailer they did was very exciting. I think the popular theory is that maybe he's gone rogue, which would not be out of the question given what he went through,” Downes teased. "He's holding Cortana's chip, so it would seem as though there is some desire to reactivate that, but again, it's pure speculation on my part. There are so many different possibilities here. You've got to give the credit to the writers for fleshing out a story with that much depth."
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though