Master Chief voice actor speculates on what to expect from Halo 5
Steve Downes, the voice behind the Master Chief has been giving his thoughts on where the events of Halo 5 will take the legendary Spartan.
Downes predicts more emotional turmoil for the Master Chief and perhaps even a search to revive Cortana after she gave her life in the battle with the Didact at the end of Halo 4.
"By the time it got to Halo 4,” Downes began, “he was struggling with his own mortality and he was certainly struggling with his own emotional mortality. As things happened in Halo 4, and Cortana began to unravel, that was the only real emotional connection that he had experienced in his adult life. Not to mention what they did in a working relationship.”
"As he saw her begin to unwind and finally began to accept that there was going to be an end to her, I think it was extremely difficult for him to deal with,” he continued. “That was the challenge for me. You're not going to have a scene where Master Chief is going to become completely undone, fall to his knees, and start crying, but yet, there were emotions in him that he didn't really know how to deal with. When you're approaching that kind of a character, you have to figure out how to emote a character that is uncomfortable with emotion."
"There's nothing I can divulge to you because, quite frankly, I don't know anything!. Anything I'm saying here is pure speculation, but I thought that trailer they did was very exciting. I think the popular theory is that maybe he's gone rogue, which would not be out of the question given what he went through,” Downes teased. "He's holding Cortana's chip, so it would seem as though there is some desire to reactivate that, but again, it's pure speculation on my part. There are so many different possibilities here. You've got to give the credit to the writers for fleshing out a story with that much depth."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny