SOE's new zombie MMO H1Z1 to be free-to-play
Sony Online Entertainment has revealed their intentions for monetizing their upcoming zombie MMO H1Z1.
As SOE has already seen decent success taking games like Planetside and DC Universe Online free-to-play and H1Z1 will follow on their lead.
“We will be selling wearables. We felt like this will be a good, fair revenue generator. However - we recognize how important finding wearables in the world is so you'll be able to find and craft a lot of stuff,” Smedley explained on Reddit. “We agree that's something important. We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.”
Thanks PC Gamer.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter