Borderlands and Civilization titles to go offline on PC as services migrate from GameSpy to Steam
2K Games has announced that some of their titles will briefly lose their online services as they migrate the servers from GameSpy to Steam.
The issues have been caused by the imminent closure of GameSpy Technology which will shut down on May the 31st. Borderlands and several Civilization titles between Civ 3 and Civ 4 will be closed off to allow for the transition although, numerous other 2K titles will lose online support altogether.
These include Rune, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Legends, Top Spin and Top Spin 2 and the Vietcong series, all on PC. It will also affect the Civilization Revolution on the DS and the Wii versions of NHL and NBA 2K10.
2K Games stated on their blog, "During the transition, players will experience interruption of several features, including online play, matchmaking and voice over internet protocol (VOIP). Players will not experience interruptions to offline play."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey