Borderlands and Civilization titles to go offline on PC as services migrate from GameSpy to Steam
2K Games has announced that some of their titles will briefly lose their online services as they migrate the servers from GameSpy to Steam.
The issues have been caused by the imminent closure of GameSpy Technology which will shut down on May the 31st. Borderlands and several Civilization titles between Civ 3 and Civ 4 will be closed off to allow for the transition although, numerous other 2K titles will lose online support altogether.
These include Rune, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Legends, Top Spin and Top Spin 2 and the Vietcong series, all on PC. It will also affect the Civilization Revolution on the DS and the Wii versions of NHL and NBA 2K10.
2K Games stated on their blog, "During the transition, players will experience interruption of several features, including online play, matchmaking and voice over internet protocol (VOIP). Players will not experience interruptions to offline play."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III