Assassin's Creed sales top 73 million
Ubisoft has released sales figures on their most popular franchises and Assassin's Creed is by far the top of the pile.
Assassin's Creed is well out in front having sold 73 million units across the whole series. The next best-selling series is Just Dance having shifted 48 million.
The Tom Clancy series titles are up next with Splinter Cell sitting at 30 million, Rainbow Six having sold 26 million and Ghost Recon sitting just behind that on 25 million. Rayman is level with Ghost Recon on 25 million.
The other notable titles include Prince Of Persia at 20 million, Driver at 19 million and Far Cry at 18 million. Full sales figures are available over on the Ubisoft corporate website.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title