Codemasters unveils Grid Autosport
Codemasters has announced their latest title in the Grid racing series.
Grid Autosport offers a Grid fans the opportunity to participate proper motorsporting events with a range of disciplines from GT and endurance racing to Formula Three and IndyCar. Even the name is a nod to motorsport fans and it is drawn from a partnership with long-running motorsport magazine Autosport. One thing that is worth noting is that Grid Autosport is to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 rather than next-gen consoles.
Producer, Clive Moody explained the decision, "We're working really hard on our next-gen Ego engine right now - and when we roll it out, we want it to be the best racing engine out there. That takes time, and it's not as if we haven't been working on it for some time. It wasn't really where wanted it to be, I don't think, to produce what I would class as a truly competitive next-gen game coming out in the window we're coming out.”
"The second factor is when we were talking to our community, it was one of the first questions we asked them,” Moody added. “What about next-gen? When are you planning to upgrade? And no-one in the room had any urgency to move on to those new consoles."
Grid Autosport is due out on June 24th in North America and June 27th in Europe and the UK.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One