Codemasters unveils Grid Autosport
Codemasters has announced their latest title in the Grid racing series.
Grid Autosport offers a Grid fans the opportunity to participate proper motorsporting events with a range of disciplines from GT and endurance racing to Formula Three and IndyCar. Even the name is a nod to motorsport fans and it is drawn from a partnership with long-running motorsport magazine Autosport. One thing that is worth noting is that Grid Autosport is to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 rather than next-gen consoles.
Producer, Clive Moody explained the decision, "We're working really hard on our next-gen Ego engine right now - and when we roll it out, we want it to be the best racing engine out there. That takes time, and it's not as if we haven't been working on it for some time. It wasn't really where wanted it to be, I don't think, to produce what I would class as a truly competitive next-gen game coming out in the window we're coming out.”
"The second factor is when we were talking to our community, it was one of the first questions we asked them,” Moody added. “What about next-gen? When are you planning to upgrade? And no-one in the room had any urgency to move on to those new consoles."
Grid Autosport is due out on June 24th in North America and June 27th in Europe and the UK.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft