Players will never see the same NPC animation twice in Watch Dogs says Ubisoft
Ubisoft Montreal is very confident that they have built a system that will provide a diverse array of NPC behaviours for Watch Dogs.
Colin Graham, Watch Dogs' animation director has promised players that they will never see NPCs do the same thing twice.
“You will never see the same thing twice, guaranteed. Your experience is unique,” Graham proclaimed in a new entry on the UbiBlog. “You go around this corner and the ten people that are there will be ten completely different people. Ten different profiles, ten different backgrounds, different actions, different combinations of actions.”
“That’s the next-gen approach to creating a living city,” he went on. “It’s all simulated. If you pull out your gun, what level of reaction do they go to then? Some people will react to your gun and others will react to the people that are panicking. They haven’t seen you. They don’t know what’s causing it. But they do know something’s up.”
Watch Dogs is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th. The Wii U version is believed to be aiming for a release in the autumn.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year