Players will never see the same NPC animation twice in Watch Dogs says Ubisoft
Ubisoft Montreal is very confident that they have built a system that will provide a diverse array of NPC behaviours for Watch Dogs.
Colin Graham, Watch Dogs' animation director has promised players that they will never see NPCs do the same thing twice.
“You will never see the same thing twice, guaranteed. Your experience is unique,” Graham proclaimed in a new entry on the UbiBlog. “You go around this corner and the ten people that are there will be ten completely different people. Ten different profiles, ten different backgrounds, different actions, different combinations of actions.”
“That’s the next-gen approach to creating a living city,” he went on. “It’s all simulated. If you pull out your gun, what level of reaction do they go to then? Some people will react to your gun and others will react to the people that are panicking. They haven’t seen you. They don’t know what’s causing it. But they do know something’s up.”
Watch Dogs is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th. The Wii U version is believed to be aiming for a release in the autumn.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One