Players will never see the same NPC animation twice in Watch Dogs says Ubisoft
Ubisoft Montreal is very confident that they have built a system that will provide a diverse array of NPC behaviours for Watch Dogs.
Colin Graham, Watch Dogs' animation director has promised players that they will never see NPCs do the same thing twice.
“You will never see the same thing twice, guaranteed. Your experience is unique,” Graham proclaimed in a new entry on the UbiBlog. “You go around this corner and the ten people that are there will be ten completely different people. Ten different profiles, ten different backgrounds, different actions, different combinations of actions.”
“That’s the next-gen approach to creating a living city,” he went on. “It’s all simulated. If you pull out your gun, what level of reaction do they go to then? Some people will react to your gun and others will react to the people that are panicking. They haven’t seen you. They don’t know what’s causing it. But they do know something’s up.”
Watch Dogs is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th. The Wii U version is believed to be aiming for a release in the autumn.
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 30-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December