Players will never see the same NPC animation twice in Watch Dogs says Ubisoft
Ubisoft Montreal is very confident that they have built a system that will provide a diverse array of NPC behaviours for Watch Dogs.
Colin Graham, Watch Dogs' animation director has promised players that they will never see NPCs do the same thing twice.
“You will never see the same thing twice, guaranteed. Your experience is unique,” Graham proclaimed in a new entry on the UbiBlog. “You go around this corner and the ten people that are there will be ten completely different people. Ten different profiles, ten different backgrounds, different actions, different combinations of actions.”
“That’s the next-gen approach to creating a living city,” he went on. “It’s all simulated. If you pull out your gun, what level of reaction do they go to then? Some people will react to your gun and others will react to the people that are panicking. They haven’t seen you. They don’t know what’s causing it. But they do know something’s up.”
Watch Dogs is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th. The Wii U version is believed to be aiming for a release in the autumn.
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3
- Dontnod's episodic mystery Life Is Strange gets are release date
- Storm Island DLC arrives for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One