Players will never see the same NPC animation twice in Watch Dogs says Ubisoft
Ubisoft Montreal is very confident that they have built a system that will provide a diverse array of NPC behaviours for Watch Dogs.
Colin Graham, Watch Dogs' animation director has promised players that they will never see NPCs do the same thing twice.
“You will never see the same thing twice, guaranteed. Your experience is unique,” Graham proclaimed in a new entry on the UbiBlog. “You go around this corner and the ten people that are there will be ten completely different people. Ten different profiles, ten different backgrounds, different actions, different combinations of actions.”
“That’s the next-gen approach to creating a living city,” he went on. “It’s all simulated. If you pull out your gun, what level of reaction do they go to then? Some people will react to your gun and others will react to the people that are panicking. They haven’t seen you. They don’t know what’s causing it. But they do know something’s up.”
Watch Dogs is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th. The Wii U version is believed to be aiming for a release in the autumn.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light