Halo film hope flickers
Peter Jackson's representative Ken Kamins has revealed that Microsoft are even as you read this (maybe) in talks with new distribution partners keen to help deliver the Halo film project, which has been languishing since Fox and Universal pulled out, despite Peter Jackson's role as producer and Microsoft's billions.
While no deals have been concluded yet, Kamins told Variety Magazine that pre-production is in full swing, with Weta Digital and Weta Workshop (both under the watchful eye of Jackson) hard at work on the movie.
Chatter has it that Fox and Universal pulled out after disagreeing over Microsoft's share of profits from the film, Kamins explaining it thusly: "Basically, they said that in order to move forward with the film, the filmmakers had to significantly reduce their deals. They waited until the last minute to have this conversation. Peter and Fran, after speaking with their producing partners and with Microsoft and Bungie, respectfully declined."
Some speculation has also surrounded the role of newbie director Neill Blomkamp on the project, but Kamins was quick to affirm his importance to the project: "Part of what excited Peter and Fran was Neal's vision. We're very confident this film will move forward with the creative partners intact, who will take the film to production."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year