Next PS4 update to disable the HDCP and brings video editor and pre-loading support
Sony has detailed what is coming up in the next system update for the PlayStation 4.
The new update will add the new ShareFactory video editor that will allow PS4 owners to edit together their favourite gameplay clips together, tweak them with themes and transitions and even record commentary over the top. There's even the ability to use the PlayStation Eye camera to record picture-in-picture.
The update will also add the ability to disable the HDCP protection on the HDMI-out allowing gamers who prefer to use a personal DVR to record their gameplay footage.
The final major addition coming in the new update is the pre-loading feature allowing anyone who has pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation Store to download it prior to the game's launch.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3