Next PS4 update to disable the HDCP and brings video editor and pre-loading support
Sony has detailed what is coming up in the next system update for the PlayStation 4.
The new update will add the new ShareFactory video editor that will allow PS4 owners to edit together their favourite gameplay clips together, tweak them with themes and transitions and even record commentary over the top. There's even the ability to use the PlayStation Eye camera to record picture-in-picture.
The update will also add the ability to disable the HDCP protection on the HDMI-out allowing gamers who prefer to use a personal DVR to record their gameplay footage.
The final major addition coming in the new update is the pre-loading feature allowing anyone who has pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation Store to download it prior to the game's launch.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto