Next PS4 update to disable the HDCP and brings video editor and pre-loading support
Sony has detailed what is coming up in the next system update for the PlayStation 4.
The new update will add the new ShareFactory video editor that will allow PS4 owners to edit together their favourite gameplay clips together, tweak them with themes and transitions and even record commentary over the top. There's even the ability to use the PlayStation Eye camera to record picture-in-picture.
The update will also add the ability to disable the HDCP protection on the HDMI-out allowing gamers who prefer to use a personal DVR to record their gameplay footage.
The final major addition coming in the new update is the pre-loading feature allowing anyone who has pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation Store to download it prior to the game's launch.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year