Next PS4 update to disable the HDCP and brings video editor and pre-loading support
Sony has detailed what is coming up in the next system update for the PlayStation 4.
The new update will add the new ShareFactory video editor that will allow PS4 owners to edit together their favourite gameplay clips together, tweak them with themes and transitions and even record commentary over the top. There's even the ability to use the PlayStation Eye camera to record picture-in-picture.
The update will also add the ability to disable the HDCP protection on the HDMI-out allowing gamers who prefer to use a personal DVR to record their gameplay footage.
The final major addition coming in the new update is the pre-loading feature allowing anyone who has pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation Store to download it prior to the game's launch.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update