Next PS4 update to disable the HDCP and brings video editor and pre-loading support
Sony has detailed what is coming up in the next system update for the PlayStation 4.
The new update will add the new ShareFactory video editor that will allow PS4 owners to edit together their favourite gameplay clips together, tweak them with themes and transitions and even record commentary over the top. There's even the ability to use the PlayStation Eye camera to record picture-in-picture.
The update will also add the ability to disable the HDCP protection on the HDMI-out allowing gamers who prefer to use a personal DVR to record their gameplay footage.
The final major addition coming in the new update is the pre-loading feature allowing anyone who has pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation Store to download it prior to the game's launch.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year