PS4 sales cruise past the 7 million mark world wide
Sony has announced that the PS4 has now managed to sell over 7 million units globally.
US social media manager Sid Shuman posted a quick note on the US PlayStation Blog to announce the very impressive new milestone or the console. He also revealed that software sales on the console are also going well with 20.5 million games sold (which is just under three games per console). Shuman also promised some exciting news new PS4 games incoming soon.
“On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice,” Shuman wrote. “We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.
On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!”
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens