PS4 sales cruise past the 7 million mark world wide
Sony has announced that the PS4 has now managed to sell over 7 million units globally.
US social media manager Sid Shuman posted a quick note on the US PlayStation Blog to announce the very impressive new milestone or the console. He also revealed that software sales on the console are also going well with 20.5 million games sold (which is just under three games per console). Shuman also promised some exciting news new PS4 games incoming soon.
“On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice,” Shuman wrote. “We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.
On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!”
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching