PS4 sales cruise past the 7 million mark world wide
Sony has announced that the PS4 has now managed to sell over 7 million units globally.
US social media manager Sid Shuman posted a quick note on the US PlayStation Blog to announce the very impressive new milestone or the console. He also revealed that software sales on the console are also going well with 20.5 million games sold (which is just under three games per console). Shuman also promised some exciting news new PS4 games incoming soon.
“On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice,” Shuman wrote. “We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.
On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!”
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing