PS3 sales rival Wii in Europe
The Xbox 360 looks like it could be entering a post Halo 3 lull, if recent figures from Europe prove indicative of things to come, the PlayStation 3 out-selling Microsoft's machine by nearly two-to-one, with Sony also closing the gap on Nintendo's Wii.
The Wii still leads the way, but Sony's autumnal price cutting and PR push seems to be working with the PS3 just 6,000 sales short of the Wii for the week ending October 21st. The Xbox, meanwhile, was unusually off the pace - languishing on 37,000 for the week.
The figures were compiled by VGChartz and are unofficial, but certainly seem to suggest improving fortunes at Sony, while Microsoft will be looking to games like Mass Effect in order to re-assert their previous dominance - which followed so naturally Halo 3's release.
Here's a full run-down of the week's sales:
- DS: 171,260
- Wii: 70,322
- PS3: 64,087
- PS2: 57,152
- PSP: 54,449
- 360: 37,303
- GBA: 2,286
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit