PS3 sales rival Wii in Europe
The Xbox 360 looks like it could be entering a post Halo 3 lull, if recent figures from Europe prove indicative of things to come, the PlayStation 3 out-selling Microsoft's machine by nearly two-to-one, with Sony also closing the gap on Nintendo's Wii.
The Wii still leads the way, but Sony's autumnal price cutting and PR push seems to be working with the PS3 just 6,000 sales short of the Wii for the week ending October 21st. The Xbox, meanwhile, was unusually off the pace - languishing on 37,000 for the week.
The figures were compiled by VGChartz and are unofficial, but certainly seem to suggest improving fortunes at Sony, while Microsoft will be looking to games like Mass Effect in order to re-assert their previous dominance - which followed so naturally Halo 3's release.
Here's a full run-down of the week's sales:
- DS: 171,260
- Wii: 70,322
- PS3: 64,087
- PS2: 57,152
- PSP: 54,449
- 360: 37,303
- GBA: 2,286
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year