Operation Flashpoint 2 confirmed
Codemasters have confirmed today that Operation Flashpoint 2 is indeed in development for the PC, and is once again being created by the Czech Republic's Bohemia Interactive. The time and setting for the new project is yet to be revealed, though we're told to expect further details from E3 in May.
The game is currently slated for a late 2004 release, Project Leader Marek Spanel commented: "We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay. Following the success of the original game, it's great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it'll become another major landmark in PC gaming."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3