Operation Flashpoint 2 confirmed
Codemasters have confirmed today that Operation Flashpoint 2 is indeed in development for the PC, and is once again being created by the Czech Republic's Bohemia Interactive. The time and setting for the new project is yet to be revealed, though we're told to expect further details from E3 in May.
The game is currently slated for a late 2004 release, Project Leader Marek Spanel commented: "We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay. Following the success of the original game, it's great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it'll become another major landmark in PC gaming."
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out