Operation Flashpoint 2 confirmed
Codemasters have confirmed today that Operation Flashpoint 2 is indeed in development for the PC, and is once again being created by the Czech Republic's Bohemia Interactive. The time and setting for the new project is yet to be revealed, though we're told to expect further details from E3 in May.
The game is currently slated for a late 2004 release, Project Leader Marek Spanel commented: "We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay. Following the success of the original game, it's great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it'll become another major landmark in PC gaming."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer