Operation Flashpoint 2 confirmed
Codemasters have confirmed today that Operation Flashpoint 2 is indeed in development for the PC, and is once again being created by the Czech Republic's Bohemia Interactive. The time and setting for the new project is yet to be revealed, though we're told to expect further details from E3 in May.
The game is currently slated for a late 2004 release, Project Leader Marek Spanel commented: "We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay. Following the success of the original game, it's great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it'll become another major landmark in PC gaming."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like