Tales From The Borderlands to use greed as a main source of player agency
Telltale Games has revealed a bit more about how they are approaching adapting Gearbox's Borderlands series to their episodic adventure format.
Tales From The Borderlands will follow the adventures of con-artist Fiona and Hyperion worker Rhys as they attempt to make their way in Pandora, the only way anyone can.
"What we're trying to do is use money in the game as agency," says Telltale's Harrison Pink. Their hope is to tempt players with greed. Choices on whether to take the money or not will have consequences by opening up or closing off possible avenues in future situations.
This is apparent right from the start as players are immediately presented with an ill stranger and a briefcase full of money. Do you help him or do you take the money and run? As usual with Telltale's games every action has consequences.
Tales From The Borderlands is due to be released some time later this year.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft