Tales From The Borderlands to use greed as a main source of player agency
Telltale Games has revealed a bit more about how they are approaching adapting Gearbox's Borderlands series to their episodic adventure format.
Tales From The Borderlands will follow the adventures of con-artist Fiona and Hyperion worker Rhys as they attempt to make their way in Pandora, the only way anyone can.
"What we're trying to do is use money in the game as agency," says Telltale's Harrison Pink. Their hope is to tempt players with greed. Choices on whether to take the money or not will have consequences by opening up or closing off possible avenues in future situations.
This is apparent right from the start as players are immediately presented with an ill stranger and a briefcase full of money. Do you help him or do you take the money and run? As usual with Telltale's games every action has consequences.
Tales From The Borderlands is due to be released some time later this year.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III