Tales From The Borderlands to use greed as a main source of player agency
Telltale Games has revealed a bit more about how they are approaching adapting Gearbox's Borderlands series to their episodic adventure format.
Tales From The Borderlands will follow the adventures of con-artist Fiona and Hyperion worker Rhys as they attempt to make their way in Pandora, the only way anyone can.
"What we're trying to do is use money in the game as agency," says Telltale's Harrison Pink. Their hope is to tempt players with greed. Choices on whether to take the money or not will have consequences by opening up or closing off possible avenues in future situations.
This is apparent right from the start as players are immediately presented with an ill stranger and a briefcase full of money. Do you help him or do you take the money and run? As usual with Telltale's games every action has consequences.
Tales From The Borderlands is due to be released some time later this year.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released