More than a third of games bought on Steam go unplayed
New data on the habits of Steam gamers has emerged highlighting some rather startling facts.
Over the last two months Ars Technica has bee carefully analysing publicly-available data on Steam's users and has come up with some impressive stats on Steam.
According to their data around 36.9 percent of all games bought on Steam are never played. Given that there are around 781 million games registered to Steam's users that's a pretty terrifying pile of shame.
By way of an example Left 4 Dead 2 is the sixth most-owned title on Steam but of the 10.7 million owners 2.1 million have never even loaded the game up.
Half-Life 2 is even worst with 3.9 million of its 8 million owners having never played it. That's pretty shocking given that it's widely respected as one of the best games of all time.
The full analysis along with an explanation on how they compiled the data is available over on Ars Technica.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey