Massive Entertainment: Delaying Watch Dogs took courage
Massive Entertainment has praised their parent, Ubisoft on their decision to delay Watch Dogs.
They highlighted that the decision to delay Watch Dogs demonstrates the publisher's commitment to ensuring the quality of their releases remains high. It was an encouraging sign as for them as well showing that they will be supported in their aim to make The Division as good as it can be.
The studio boss, David Polfeldt said, "It’s tremendously important for us as a developer studio, to know that the owner and the publisher are ready to take that hit, and [the Watch Dogs delay] was a massive hit. I think their shares fell 25 per cent on the day it was announced.”
“It takes so much courage to live through that day and still think that was a good decision,” he went on. “So for us in the development [side of things], that’s an important message that ultimately the management will back up the goals that we have, which is the game has to be great. That’s ultimately the end goal and then it’s a million times better if it’s on time, but if there is a choice between time and quality, then quality will win. If you look at Ubisoft you see a lot of people who have been in the company for over 20 years and that’s not very common today in corporate landscapes.”
Polfeldt concluded, “But I do think that one of the reasons is people believe that ultimately this company has a very positive agenda about putting out good entertainment products and we’re willing to back it up, we’re will to take a few hits and some larger risks to make sure quality is very high.”
The Division is aiming for a release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later on this year. Watch Dogs is due to hit PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light