Tomb Raider sequel details surface in Crystal Dynamics job vacancies
Some new details have emerged on the as-yet unannounced Tomb Raider sequel that is in the works at Crystal Dynamics.
These have appeared courtesy of a few vacancies that have opened up at the development studio. Postings have appeared for a cinematics lead, environmental artist, community manager, combat systems designer, systems designer and QA manager for the next Tomb Raider game.
"Design responsibilities include but are not limited to Enemy AI, combat behaviors, stealth, player weapons and tools, cover and melee based mechanics,” the posting continues. “These responsibilities require a high degree of knowledge and experience between code and content, as well as showing demonstrable on screen progress to from concept to ship. Both theory and hands on work will be required."
This new Tomb Raider is in development for PC, PS4 and Xbox One and that is about all that is known on the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3