Out Slivers Silver Zelda DS
Nindie.com have just posted some news about a Zelda DS pack that includes a copy of Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and special edition Nintendo DS Lite. The pack seems due for release on December 31st, a slightly strange date in the software calander as this slips beyond most people's christmas shopping window!
The DS included in the pack is of a Silver colour and sports a couple of natty tattoos on the front of the machine. The Phantom Hourglass logo sits on the right with an image of Zelda on the left. Both are drawn in a stark black stencil style and look suitably stylish on the Silver hardware.
The fashion for unusual or brand touting versions of hardware dates all the way back to the days of the 8bit machines. In recent years, particularly with Nintendo handhelds it has reached fever pitched; these special editions fetch a pretty penny on eBay once their stocks have sold through.
There have been rumours of other limited edition DS's for Zelda in the US, so it is unclear whether this is a new option or something that is limited to Europe. Either way it has got Zelda fans both sides of the Atlantic a-buzz with excitement.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year