Crysis and Crysis 2 PC online servers to close next month
Crytek has announced that the online multiplayer servers for both Crysis and Crysis 2 on PC are to close next month.
The multiplayer matchmaking services for both games were provided by GameSpy and are affected by the company's imminent service closure.
Crytek stated on their forums, "As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition."
They went on, "We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week