Crysis and Crysis 2 PC online servers to close next month
Crytek has announced that the online multiplayer servers for both Crysis and Crysis 2 on PC are to close next month.
The multiplayer matchmaking services for both games were provided by GameSpy and are affected by the company's imminent service closure.
Crytek stated on their forums, "As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition."
They went on, "We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone