Crysis and Crysis 2 PC online servers to close next month
Crytek has announced that the online multiplayer servers for both Crysis and Crysis 2 on PC are to close next month.
The multiplayer matchmaking services for both games were provided by GameSpy and are affected by the company's imminent service closure.
Crytek stated on their forums, "As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition."
They went on, "We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue