Crysis and Crysis 2 PC online servers to close next month
Crytek has announced that the online multiplayer servers for both Crysis and Crysis 2 on PC are to close next month.
The multiplayer matchmaking services for both games were provided by GameSpy and are affected by the company's imminent service closure.
Crytek stated on their forums, "As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition."
They went on, "We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold