Gearbox boss reckons Borderlands will die if they don't trust other developers with it
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has stated that he believes that the Borderlands series could fade away in to gaming mists of time if they don't trust other developers to work with it.
Pitchford explained that all their current efforts are going into creating something new and they feel that they need to see what other studios are capable of doing with the series.
"Internally at Gearbox a lot of our effort is going towards creating new IP that we haven't announced yet,” he went on. “But we want to see and play more Borderlands! I really like the awesome imprint that 2K Australia has left on the world. I think it'll open future projects up to them.”
Pitchford added, “I don't know if it's possible for anyone to live up to the high expectations of the fans,” but 2K Australia is pouring its heart and soul into it."
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is due out on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year.
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson