Gearbox boss reckons Borderlands will die if they don't trust other developers with it
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has stated that he believes that the Borderlands series could fade away in to gaming mists of time if they don't trust other developers to work with it.
Pitchford explained that all their current efforts are going into creating something new and they feel that they need to see what other studios are capable of doing with the series.
"Internally at Gearbox a lot of our effort is going towards creating new IP that we haven't announced yet,” he went on. “But we want to see and play more Borderlands! I really like the awesome imprint that 2K Australia has left on the world. I think it'll open future projects up to them.”
Pitchford added, “I don't know if it's possible for anyone to live up to the high expectations of the fans,” but 2K Australia is pouring its heart and soul into it."
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is due out on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey