Gearbox boss reckons Borderlands will die if they don't trust other developers with it
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has stated that he believes that the Borderlands series could fade away in to gaming mists of time if they don't trust other developers to work with it.
Pitchford explained that all their current efforts are going into creating something new and they feel that they need to see what other studios are capable of doing with the series.
"Internally at Gearbox a lot of our effort is going towards creating new IP that we haven't announced yet,” he went on. “But we want to see and play more Borderlands! I really like the awesome imprint that 2K Australia has left on the world. I think it'll open future projects up to them.”
Pitchford added, “I don't know if it's possible for anyone to live up to the high expectations of the fans,” but 2K Australia is pouring its heart and soul into it."
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is due out on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year.
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary