Guacamelee dev Drinkbox reveals their new game, Severed
Drinkbox studios, the developer behind curious luchadore Metroidvania adventure Guacamelee has unveiled their latest game.
Severed is a non-linear dungeon crawler which will offer players the choice of when and how they upgrade. It will use gesture controls in a similar way to Infinity Blade.
Lead designer Greg Lesky said, "The high-level structure is kind of like a Mega Man structure I would say. You can go down one path, or you can try going down one path and if it's not really working you can go down a different path and try that path, get the new piece of armor or whatever it is from that path, and then try that first path again [as] you'll be more upgraded."
Severed is in development for smartphones and tablets but Drinkbox are also considering releasing on PS Vita, 3DS and Wii U. They are aiming for a release some time in 2015.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto