Guacamelee dev Drinkbox reveals their new game, Severed
Drinkbox studios, the developer behind curious luchadore Metroidvania adventure Guacamelee has unveiled their latest game.
Severed is a non-linear dungeon crawler which will offer players the choice of when and how they upgrade. It will use gesture controls in a similar way to Infinity Blade.
Lead designer Greg Lesky said, "The high-level structure is kind of like a Mega Man structure I would say. You can go down one path, or you can try going down one path and if it's not really working you can go down a different path and try that path, get the new piece of armor or whatever it is from that path, and then try that first path again [as] you'll be more upgraded."
Severed is in development for smartphones and tablets but Drinkbox are also considering releasing on PS Vita, 3DS and Wii U. They are aiming for a release some time in 2015.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year