Guacamelee dev Drinkbox reveals their new game, Severed
Drinkbox studios, the developer behind curious luchadore Metroidvania adventure Guacamelee has unveiled their latest game.
Severed is a non-linear dungeon crawler which will offer players the choice of when and how they upgrade. It will use gesture controls in a similar way to Infinity Blade.
Lead designer Greg Lesky said, "The high-level structure is kind of like a Mega Man structure I would say. You can go down one path, or you can try going down one path and if it's not really working you can go down a different path and try that path, get the new piece of armor or whatever it is from that path, and then try that first path again [as] you'll be more upgraded."
Severed is in development for smartphones and tablets but Drinkbox are also considering releasing on PS Vita, 3DS and Wii U. They are aiming for a release some time in 2015.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey