Guacamelee dev Drinkbox reveals their new game, Severed
Drinkbox studios, the developer behind curious luchadore Metroidvania adventure Guacamelee has unveiled their latest game.
Severed is a non-linear dungeon crawler which will offer players the choice of when and how they upgrade. It will use gesture controls in a similar way to Infinity Blade.
Lead designer Greg Lesky said, "The high-level structure is kind of like a Mega Man structure I would say. You can go down one path, or you can try going down one path and if it's not really working you can go down a different path and try that path, get the new piece of armor or whatever it is from that path, and then try that first path again [as] you'll be more upgraded."
Severed is in development for smartphones and tablets but Drinkbox are also considering releasing on PS Vita, 3DS and Wii U. They are aiming for a release some time in 2015.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced