CCP cancels World Of Darkness, lays off some staff
CCP has announced that they have decided to cancel development on their other project known as World Of Darkness.
The project had been in development for the best part of the last eight years at CCP's Atlanta studios but it hadn't seemed like it was anywhere near a release announcement. As a result of the game's cancellation 56 staff have been let go from CCP Atlanta.
CEO of the Icelandic developer Hilmar Petursson said, "The decision to end the World of Darkness MMO project is one of the hardest I’ve ever had to make. I have always loved and valued the idea of a sandbox experience set in that universe, and over the years I’ve watched the team passionately strive to make that possible.”
“To our current and former employees and fans of World of Darkness,” he continued, “I am truly sorry that we could not deliver the experience that we aspired to make. We dreamed of a game that would transport you completely into the sweeping fantasy of World of Darkness, but had to admit that our efforts were falling regretfully short. One day I hope we will make it up to you.”
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III