CCP cancels World Of Darkness, lays off some staff
CCP has announced that they have decided to cancel development on their other project known as World Of Darkness.
The project had been in development for the best part of the last eight years at CCP's Atlanta studios but it hadn't seemed like it was anywhere near a release announcement. As a result of the game's cancellation 56 staff have been let go from CCP Atlanta.
CEO of the Icelandic developer Hilmar Petursson said, "The decision to end the World of Darkness MMO project is one of the hardest I’ve ever had to make. I have always loved and valued the idea of a sandbox experience set in that universe, and over the years I’ve watched the team passionately strive to make that possible.”
“To our current and former employees and fans of World of Darkness,” he continued, “I am truly sorry that we could not deliver the experience that we aspired to make. We dreamed of a game that would transport you completely into the sweeping fantasy of World of Darkness, but had to admit that our efforts were falling regretfully short. One day I hope we will make it up to you.”
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon