CCP cancels World Of Darkness, lays off some staff
CCP has announced that they have decided to cancel development on their other project known as World Of Darkness.
The project had been in development for the best part of the last eight years at CCP's Atlanta studios but it hadn't seemed like it was anywhere near a release announcement. As a result of the game's cancellation 56 staff have been let go from CCP Atlanta.
CEO of the Icelandic developer Hilmar Petursson said, "The decision to end the World of Darkness MMO project is one of the hardest I’ve ever had to make. I have always loved and valued the idea of a sandbox experience set in that universe, and over the years I’ve watched the team passionately strive to make that possible.”
“To our current and former employees and fans of World of Darkness,” he continued, “I am truly sorry that we could not deliver the experience that we aspired to make. We dreamed of a game that would transport you completely into the sweeping fantasy of World of Darkness, but had to admit that our efforts were falling regretfully short. One day I hope we will make it up to you.”
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday