Driveclub will be free of microtransactions
Evolution Studios' Paul Rustchynsky has announced that there will be no microtransactions in Driveclub.
Rustchynsky has revealed a strong distaste for microtransactions on Twitter which flowed into confirmation that Driveclub will not feature them.
A fan responded asking, “I hope @DRIVECLUB is free of such Microtranscations.”
The Evolution man responded quite emphatically saying, “Absolutely.”
Forza 5 suffered a significant volume of severe criticism for the way microtransactions are employed in the game which was perceived invasive by many players. It seems like Evolution may be trying to avoid the same kind of backlash with Driveclub.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year