Driveclub will be free of microtransactions
Evolution Studios' Paul Rustchynsky has announced that there will be no microtransactions in Driveclub.
Rustchynsky has revealed a strong distaste for microtransactions on Twitter which flowed into confirmation that Driveclub will not feature them.
A fan responded asking, “I hope @DRIVECLUB is free of such Microtranscations.”
The Evolution man responded quite emphatically saying, “Absolutely.”
Forza 5 suffered a significant volume of severe criticism for the way microtransactions are employed in the game which was perceived invasive by many players. It seems like Evolution may be trying to avoid the same kind of backlash with Driveclub.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell