Driveclub will be free of microtransactions
Evolution Studios' Paul Rustchynsky has announced that there will be no microtransactions in Driveclub.
Rustchynsky has revealed a strong distaste for microtransactions on Twitter which flowed into confirmation that Driveclub will not feature them.
A fan responded asking, “I hope @DRIVECLUB is free of such Microtranscations.”
The Evolution man responded quite emphatically saying, “Absolutely.”
Forza 5 suffered a significant volume of severe criticism for the way microtransactions are employed in the game which was perceived invasive by many players. It seems like Evolution may be trying to avoid the same kind of backlash with Driveclub.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like