Driveclub will be free of microtransactions
Evolution Studios' Paul Rustchynsky has announced that there will be no microtransactions in Driveclub.
Rustchynsky has revealed a strong distaste for microtransactions on Twitter which flowed into confirmation that Driveclub will not feature them.
A fan responded asking, “I hope @DRIVECLUB is free of such Microtranscations.”
The Evolution man responded quite emphatically saying, “Absolutely.”
Forza 5 suffered a significant volume of severe criticism for the way microtransactions are employed in the game which was perceived invasive by many players. It seems like Evolution may be trying to avoid the same kind of backlash with Driveclub.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3