2K Games and Gearbox announces Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
2K Games and Gearbox have unveiled a brand new Borderlands game that is sure to put a smile on fans faces.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is set in between Borderlands and Borderlands 2 and stars a number of characters from both games. It tells the story of Handsome Jack's rise to power to become the tyrannical leader of the Hyperion Corporation.
The four characters in the game are Athena, the Crimson assassin from The Secret Armoury of General Knoxx, Wilhem the Enforcer, the first boss encounter in Borderlands 2, Nysha the Lawbringer, Sheriff of Lynchwood from Borderlands 2 and Claptrap the Fragtrap, the lone Claptrap encountered at the beginning of both previous games.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “Since Gearbox Software first created the Borderlands franchise, we never dreamed of this much love and support from gamers. We are grateful that the incredible talent at 2K Australia has been able to jump in with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to help it live up to the high standards that Borderlands fans have come to expect.”
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and is due for release in the autumn of this year. 2K will also be showing off the game to the public for the first time at PAX East this weekend.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer