2K Games and Gearbox announces Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
2K Games and Gearbox have unveiled a brand new Borderlands game that is sure to put a smile on fans faces.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is set in between Borderlands and Borderlands 2 and stars a number of characters from both games. It tells the story of Handsome Jack's rise to power to become the tyrannical leader of the Hyperion Corporation.
The four characters in the game are Athena, the Crimson assassin from The Secret Armoury of General Knoxx, Wilhem the Enforcer, the first boss encounter in Borderlands 2, Nysha the Lawbringer, Sheriff of Lynchwood from Borderlands 2 and Claptrap the Fragtrap, the lone Claptrap encountered at the beginning of both previous games.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “Since Gearbox Software first created the Borderlands franchise, we never dreamed of this much love and support from gamers. We are grateful that the incredible talent at 2K Australia has been able to jump in with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to help it live up to the high standards that Borderlands fans have come to expect.”
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and is due for release in the autumn of this year. 2K will also be showing off the game to the public for the first time at PAX East this weekend.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive