2K Games and Gearbox announces Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
2K Games and Gearbox have unveiled a brand new Borderlands game that is sure to put a smile on fans faces.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia and is set in between Borderlands and Borderlands 2 and stars a number of characters from both games. It tells the story of Handsome Jack's rise to power to become the tyrannical leader of the Hyperion Corporation.
The four characters in the game are Athena, the Crimson assassin from The Secret Armoury of General Knoxx, Wilhem the Enforcer, the first boss encounter in Borderlands 2, Nysha the Lawbringer, Sheriff of Lynchwood from Borderlands 2 and Claptrap the Fragtrap, the lone Claptrap encountered at the beginning of both previous games.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “Since Gearbox Software first created the Borderlands franchise, we never dreamed of this much love and support from gamers. We are grateful that the incredible talent at 2K Australia has been able to jump in with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to help it live up to the high standards that Borderlands fans have come to expect.”
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and is due for release in the autumn of this year. 2K will also be showing off the game to the public for the first time at PAX East this weekend.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below