A beta is on the cards for The Crew
Creative director on The Crew Julian Gerighty has indicated that a beta phase is definitely something that they are considering for the game
It has been quite a wait for Ubisoft's online racer The Crew but as a predominantly online title beta testing will be key to the game having a smooth launch.
He explained to GameReactor, "We're still in the closing phase, so we're still making some tough decisions on content. It's a great moment and a really bad moment, because you see some of your design features get cut or pushed back. But, polish, and we're still working on making the launch as painless as possible - that's with closed betas and different things that we're going to be doing around that."
Gerighty added when pushed about an open beta, "I can't talk to you about that. I wish I could, but I can't. But it makes sense."
The Crew is expected to be released in the autumn on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year