A beta is on the cards for The Crew
Creative director on The Crew Julian Gerighty has indicated that a beta phase is definitely something that they are considering for the game
It has been quite a wait for Ubisoft's online racer The Crew but as a predominantly online title beta testing will be key to the game having a smooth launch.
He explained to GameReactor, "We're still in the closing phase, so we're still making some tough decisions on content. It's a great moment and a really bad moment, because you see some of your design features get cut or pushed back. But, polish, and we're still working on making the launch as painless as possible - that's with closed betas and different things that we're going to be doing around that."
Gerighty added when pushed about an open beta, "I can't talk to you about that. I wish I could, but I can't. But it makes sense."
The Crew is expected to be released in the autumn on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3