A beta is on the cards for The Crew
Creative director on The Crew Julian Gerighty has indicated that a beta phase is definitely something that they are considering for the game
It has been quite a wait for Ubisoft's online racer The Crew but as a predominantly online title beta testing will be key to the game having a smooth launch.
He explained to GameReactor, "We're still in the closing phase, so we're still making some tough decisions on content. It's a great moment and a really bad moment, because you see some of your design features get cut or pushed back. But, polish, and we're still working on making the launch as painless as possible - that's with closed betas and different things that we're going to be doing around that."
Gerighty added when pushed about an open beta, "I can't talk to you about that. I wish I could, but I can't. But it makes sense."
The Crew is expected to be released in the autumn on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer