A beta is on the cards for The Crew
Creative director on The Crew Julian Gerighty has indicated that a beta phase is definitely something that they are considering for the game
It has been quite a wait for Ubisoft's online racer The Crew but as a predominantly online title beta testing will be key to the game having a smooth launch.
He explained to GameReactor, "We're still in the closing phase, so we're still making some tough decisions on content. It's a great moment and a really bad moment, because you see some of your design features get cut or pushed back. But, polish, and we're still working on making the launch as painless as possible - that's with closed betas and different things that we're going to be doing around that."
Gerighty added when pushed about an open beta, "I can't talk to you about that. I wish I could, but I can't. But it makes sense."
The Crew is expected to be released in the autumn on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015