Games writers back in from the cold
Whilst this is not necessarily what you would call hardcore video games news, for us 'wot' write about them it's pretty cool. Perhaps you'll indulge us for a wee snippet of writerly news.
The Writer's Guild of America has just announced that its upcoming awards will this year include an entry for excellence in game writing. Whilst it's not too clear the details or criteria by which they will be judging the category, needless to say there is no doubt some significant contribution to the genre is required to get you on the radar. Unfortunately for this news-caster, posting 100 items a day is unlikely to make the cut.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer