Games writers back in from the cold
Whilst this is not necessarily what you would call hardcore video games news, for us 'wot' write about them it's pretty cool. Perhaps you'll indulge us for a wee snippet of writerly news.
The Writer's Guild of America has just announced that its upcoming awards will this year include an entry for excellence in game writing. Whilst it's not too clear the details or criteria by which they will be judging the category, needless to say there is no doubt some significant contribution to the genre is required to get you on the radar. Unfortunately for this news-caster, posting 100 items a day is unlikely to make the cut.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter