Games writers back in from the cold
Whilst this is not necessarily what you would call hardcore video games news, for us 'wot' write about them it's pretty cool. Perhaps you'll indulge us for a wee snippet of writerly news.
The Writer's Guild of America has just announced that its upcoming awards will this year include an entry for excellence in game writing. Whilst it's not too clear the details or criteria by which they will be judging the category, needless to say there is no doubt some significant contribution to the genre is required to get you on the radar. Unfortunately for this news-caster, posting 100 items a day is unlikely to make the cut.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release