Epic opens up alpha registration for Fortnite
Epic Games has opened up registration for an alpha test of their upcoming online shooter Fortnite.
All has been quiet on the Unreal Engine 4 based third-person shooter since Epic first announced it with a short trailer during the 2011 VGAs. It is known that the game will combine elements of Valve's Team Fortress and Minecraft to offer players an entertaining new experience.
Epic's Wes Philips wrote on the Fortnite website, “A little over two years ago we introduced Fortnite via a short trailer at the VGAs. Since then, we’ve been quietly working to make sure Fortnite is a great experience for players. We appreciate all of the interest and questions during that time and have been anxious to tell you more about our plans.”
Fortnite is due for a big reveal as the cover feature in this month's Game Informer magazine but in the meantime they have opened up registration for players to get in on the upcoming alpha test phase.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side