Epic opens up alpha registration for Fortnite
Epic Games has opened up registration for an alpha test of their upcoming online shooter Fortnite.
All has been quiet on the Unreal Engine 4 based third-person shooter since Epic first announced it with a short trailer during the 2011 VGAs. It is known that the game will combine elements of Valve's Team Fortress and Minecraft to offer players an entertaining new experience.
Epic's Wes Philips wrote on the Fortnite website, “A little over two years ago we introduced Fortnite via a short trailer at the VGAs. Since then, we’ve been quietly working to make sure Fortnite is a great experience for players. We appreciate all of the interest and questions during that time and have been anxious to tell you more about our plans.”
Fortnite is due for a big reveal as the cover feature in this month's Game Informer magazine but in the meantime they have opened up registration for players to get in on the upcoming alpha test phase.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year