Epic opens up alpha registration for Fortnite
Epic Games has opened up registration for an alpha test of their upcoming online shooter Fortnite.
All has been quiet on the Unreal Engine 4 based third-person shooter since Epic first announced it with a short trailer during the 2011 VGAs. It is known that the game will combine elements of Valve's Team Fortress and Minecraft to offer players an entertaining new experience.
Epic's Wes Philips wrote on the Fortnite website, “A little over two years ago we introduced Fortnite via a short trailer at the VGAs. Since then, we’ve been quietly working to make sure Fortnite is a great experience for players. We appreciate all of the interest and questions during that time and have been anxious to tell you more about our plans.”
Fortnite is due for a big reveal as the cover feature in this month's Game Informer magazine but in the meantime they have opened up registration for players to get in on the upcoming alpha test phase.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan