Epic opens up alpha registration for Fortnite
Epic Games has opened up registration for an alpha test of their upcoming online shooter Fortnite.
All has been quiet on the Unreal Engine 4 based third-person shooter since Epic first announced it with a short trailer during the 2011 VGAs. It is known that the game will combine elements of Valve's Team Fortress and Minecraft to offer players an entertaining new experience.
Epic's Wes Philips wrote on the Fortnite website, “A little over two years ago we introduced Fortnite via a short trailer at the VGAs. Since then, we’ve been quietly working to make sure Fortnite is a great experience for players. We appreciate all of the interest and questions during that time and have been anxious to tell you more about our plans.”
Fortnite is due for a big reveal as the cover feature in this month's Game Informer magazine but in the meantime they have opened up registration for players to get in on the upcoming alpha test phase.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date