Epic opens up alpha registration for Fortnite
Epic Games has opened up registration for an alpha test of their upcoming online shooter Fortnite.
All has been quiet on the Unreal Engine 4 based third-person shooter since Epic first announced it with a short trailer during the 2011 VGAs. It is known that the game will combine elements of Valve's Team Fortress and Minecraft to offer players an entertaining new experience.
Epic's Wes Philips wrote on the Fortnite website, “A little over two years ago we introduced Fortnite via a short trailer at the VGAs. Since then, we’ve been quietly working to make sure Fortnite is a great experience for players. We appreciate all of the interest and questions during that time and have been anxious to tell you more about our plans.”
Fortnite is due for a big reveal as the cover feature in this month's Game Informer magazine but in the meantime they have opened up registration for players to get in on the upcoming alpha test phase.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny