Next Deus Ex game may be getting multiplayer
A new job posting on the Eidos Montreal website seems to indicate that they are preparing multiplayer for an upcoming Deus Ex title.
The developer is looking for an online programmer to work on Deus Ex: Universe, the project revealed by the studio in October of last year. Deus Ex: Universe is a project that spans multiple games although there is definitely a new game in the series in development on next-gen consoles and PC.
Square Enix recently trademarked Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a name that could indicate some kind of multiplayer leanings although it is unclear whether it's related to the next-gen title in development or not. Mobile title Deus Ex: The Fall was the first part of an episodic series after all so it could be related to that.
The series has been a predominantly single player series so far and may fans will be naturally wary that Square Enix may have asked Eidos Montreal to try and shoe-horn in some kind of multiplayer, a strategy that hasn't really worked for them in the past.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released