Next Deus Ex game may be getting multiplayer
A new job posting on the Eidos Montreal website seems to indicate that they are preparing multiplayer for an upcoming Deus Ex title.
The developer is looking for an online programmer to work on Deus Ex: Universe, the project revealed by the studio in October of last year. Deus Ex: Universe is a project that spans multiple games although there is definitely a new game in the series in development on next-gen consoles and PC.
Square Enix recently trademarked Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a name that could indicate some kind of multiplayer leanings although it is unclear whether it's related to the next-gen title in development or not. Mobile title Deus Ex: The Fall was the first part of an episodic series after all so it could be related to that.
The series has been a predominantly single player series so far and may fans will be naturally wary that Square Enix may have asked Eidos Montreal to try and shoe-horn in some kind of multiplayer, a strategy that hasn't really worked for them in the past.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release