Next Deus Ex game may be getting multiplayer
A new job posting on the Eidos Montreal website seems to indicate that they are preparing multiplayer for an upcoming Deus Ex title.
The developer is looking for an online programmer to work on Deus Ex: Universe, the project revealed by the studio in October of last year. Deus Ex: Universe is a project that spans multiple games although there is definitely a new game in the series in development on next-gen consoles and PC.
Square Enix recently trademarked Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a name that could indicate some kind of multiplayer leanings although it is unclear whether it's related to the next-gen title in development or not. Mobile title Deus Ex: The Fall was the first part of an episodic series after all so it could be related to that.
The series has been a predominantly single player series so far and may fans will be naturally wary that Square Enix may have asked Eidos Montreal to try and shoe-horn in some kind of multiplayer, a strategy that hasn't really worked for them in the past.
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One