World Of Tanks developer to invest 10 million USD into eSports this year
Wargaming has announced that they plan to invest 10 million USD into World Of Tanks' eSports presence this year.
The Polish developer hopes to expand the presence of their flagship free-to-play title having grown the volume of players and tournaments from 30,000 and 120 respectively in 2012 to 1000 tournaments and 200,000 players in 2013.
"With our eSports team we founded a company within the company," said Wargaming CEO Victor Kisyli. "They take care not only about game features to cater to spectators, but also about the physical organisation of the tournaments. In the beginning, it was not so much us who wanted to introduce World of Tanks to eSports, it was the players themselves who wanted to be more competitive."
World Of Tanks currently boasts 80 million registered players world wide and it launched earlier this year on the Xbox 360.
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today