World Of Tanks developer to invest 10 million USD into eSports this year
Wargaming has announced that they plan to invest 10 million USD into World Of Tanks' eSports presence this year.
The Polish developer hopes to expand the presence of their flagship free-to-play title having grown the volume of players and tournaments from 30,000 and 120 respectively in 2012 to 1000 tournaments and 200,000 players in 2013.
"With our eSports team we founded a company within the company," said Wargaming CEO Victor Kisyli. "They take care not only about game features to cater to spectators, but also about the physical organisation of the tournaments. In the beginning, it was not so much us who wanted to introduce World of Tanks to eSports, it was the players themselves who wanted to be more competitive."
World Of Tanks currently boasts 80 million registered players world wide and it launched earlier this year on the Xbox 360.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light