World Of Tanks developer to invest 10 million USD into eSports this year
Wargaming has announced that they plan to invest 10 million USD into World Of Tanks' eSports presence this year.
The Polish developer hopes to expand the presence of their flagship free-to-play title having grown the volume of players and tournaments from 30,000 and 120 respectively in 2012 to 1000 tournaments and 200,000 players in 2013.
"With our eSports team we founded a company within the company," said Wargaming CEO Victor Kisyli. "They take care not only about game features to cater to spectators, but also about the physical organisation of the tournaments. In the beginning, it was not so much us who wanted to introduce World of Tanks to eSports, it was the players themselves who wanted to be more competitive."
World Of Tanks currently boasts 80 million registered players world wide and it launched earlier this year on the Xbox 360.
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion