Steam controller to launch in the autumn
Reports coming out of last weekend's PAX East in Boston have indicated that Valve's Steam Controller will launch in the autumn.
An anonymous source told PC Gamer at the PAX East that the controller would be released in either October or November of this year.
The controller saw bit of a redesign after the first 300 went out to beta-testers along with Valve's beta Steam Machines. Feedback indicated that backwards-compatibility would be better served by traditional X,Y,A and B buttons and a D-pad rather than the intended programmable touch-screen.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3