Firaxis reveals Alpha Centauri spiritual successor Civilization: Beyond Earth
Strategy experts Firaxis has revealed that they are working on a spiritual successor to founder Sid Meier's well-loved sci-fi strategy Alpha Centauri.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is set on an alien world and gives players the chance to lead their people to their chosen destiny competing with a variety of different cultures.
The game will also use a new Technology Web, organised around three themes, each with a distinct victory condition that offers a non-linear evolution of the traditional tech trees usually found in empire building games.
Sid Meier said, “The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context. We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on PC and Mac some time this coming autumn.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year