Firaxis reveals Alpha Centauri spiritual successor Civilization: Beyond Earth
Strategy experts Firaxis has revealed that they are working on a spiritual successor to founder Sid Meier's well-loved sci-fi strategy Alpha Centauri.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is set on an alien world and gives players the chance to lead their people to their chosen destiny competing with a variety of different cultures.
The game will also use a new Technology Web, organised around three themes, each with a distinct victory condition that offers a non-linear evolution of the traditional tech trees usually found in empire building games.
Sid Meier said, “The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context. We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on PC and Mac some time this coming autumn.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year