Firaxis reveals Alpha Centauri spiritual successor Civilization: Beyond Earth
Strategy experts Firaxis has revealed that they are working on a spiritual successor to founder Sid Meier's well-loved sci-fi strategy Alpha Centauri.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is set on an alien world and gives players the chance to lead their people to their chosen destiny competing with a variety of different cultures.
The game will also use a new Technology Web, organised around three themes, each with a distinct victory condition that offers a non-linear evolution of the traditional tech trees usually found in empire building games.
Sid Meier said, “The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context. We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on PC and Mac some time this coming autumn.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch