Firaxis reveals Alpha Centauri spiritual successor Civilization: Beyond Earth
Strategy experts Firaxis has revealed that they are working on a spiritual successor to founder Sid Meier's well-loved sci-fi strategy Alpha Centauri.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is set on an alien world and gives players the chance to lead their people to their chosen destiny competing with a variety of different cultures.
The game will also use a new Technology Web, organised around three themes, each with a distinct victory condition that offers a non-linear evolution of the traditional tech trees usually found in empire building games.
Sid Meier said, “The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context. We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on PC and Mac some time this coming autumn.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release