Firaxis reveals Alpha Centauri spiritual successor Civilization: Beyond Earth
Strategy experts Firaxis has revealed that they are working on a spiritual successor to founder Sid Meier's well-loved sci-fi strategy Alpha Centauri.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is set on an alien world and gives players the chance to lead their people to their chosen destiny competing with a variety of different cultures.
The game will also use a new Technology Web, organised around three themes, each with a distinct victory condition that offers a non-linear evolution of the traditional tech trees usually found in empire building games.
Sid Meier said, “The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context. We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on PC and Mac some time this coming autumn.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3