Xbox security loophole uncovered by a five-year-old kid
A five-year-old kid from San Diego has managed to uncover a flaw in the password access system for Xbox Live.
Kristoffer Von Hassel discovered a loophole that allowed him to access his father's Xbox Live account via Xbox.com by pressing the space bar at secondary password verification screen.
His father notified Microsoft who rewarded them for uncovering the loophole with 50 USD, four free games and a year's free Gold subscription to Xbox Live.
Microsoft has fixed the issue and released released a statement saying, "We're always listening to our customers and thank them for bringing issues to our attention. We take security seriously at Xbox and fixed the issue as soon as we learned about it."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey