Black Tusk's Gears Of War can be “a grand slam right out of the gate” says Microsoft
Microsoft Game Studios' creative director has an impressive amount of confidence in Black Tusk's ability to do something special with the newly acquired Gears Of War franchise.
Speaking with Edge Magazine in a new interview Ken Lobb believes that the newly-formed Black Tusk studios can knock the Gears Of War series right out of the park.
Lobb began, “I actually have tons of respect for Chuck [Osieja, creative director] and all the guys up at Black Tusk. I think the reality is what we have is innovative Gears Of War. That’s what I believe they’re going to make.
“They’re an internal studio, but the reality is it’s cool to have [an IP] that can be a grand slam right out of the gate,” he went on. “The concepts they’ve been toying with are awesome. You take what they were thinking about and their expertise on Unreal Engine 4, because that’s what they’ve been playing with since their founding, and really go with the IP.”
Black Tusk will have the help of some familiar faces as they have secured the services of former Epic man, Rod Fergusson to aid in the development of their first Gears title.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal