Black Tusk's Gears Of War can be “a grand slam right out of the gate” says Microsoft
Microsoft Game Studios' creative director has an impressive amount of confidence in Black Tusk's ability to do something special with the newly acquired Gears Of War franchise.
Speaking with Edge Magazine in a new interview Ken Lobb believes that the newly-formed Black Tusk studios can knock the Gears Of War series right out of the park.
Lobb began, “I actually have tons of respect for Chuck [Osieja, creative director] and all the guys up at Black Tusk. I think the reality is what we have is innovative Gears Of War. That’s what I believe they’re going to make.
“They’re an internal studio, but the reality is it’s cool to have [an IP] that can be a grand slam right out of the gate,” he went on. “The concepts they’ve been toying with are awesome. You take what they were thinking about and their expertise on Unreal Engine 4, because that’s what they’ve been playing with since their founding, and really go with the IP.”
Black Tusk will have the help of some familiar faces as they have secured the services of former Epic man, Rod Fergusson to aid in the development of their first Gears title.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer