Black Tusk's Gears Of War can be “a grand slam right out of the gate” says Microsoft
Microsoft Game Studios' creative director has an impressive amount of confidence in Black Tusk's ability to do something special with the newly acquired Gears Of War franchise.
Speaking with Edge Magazine in a new interview Ken Lobb believes that the newly-formed Black Tusk studios can knock the Gears Of War series right out of the park.
Lobb began, “I actually have tons of respect for Chuck [Osieja, creative director] and all the guys up at Black Tusk. I think the reality is what we have is innovative Gears Of War. That’s what I believe they’re going to make.
“They’re an internal studio, but the reality is it’s cool to have [an IP] that can be a grand slam right out of the gate,” he went on. “The concepts they’ve been toying with are awesome. You take what they were thinking about and their expertise on Unreal Engine 4, because that’s what they’ve been playing with since their founding, and really go with the IP.”
Black Tusk will have the help of some familiar faces as they have secured the services of former Epic man, Rod Fergusson to aid in the development of their first Gears title.
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced
- Touring Car Legends DLC arrives for Grid: Autosport
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week