Black Tusk's Gears Of War can be “a grand slam right out of the gate” says Microsoft
Microsoft Game Studios' creative director has an impressive amount of confidence in Black Tusk's ability to do something special with the newly acquired Gears Of War franchise.
Speaking with Edge Magazine in a new interview Ken Lobb believes that the newly-formed Black Tusk studios can knock the Gears Of War series right out of the park.
Lobb began, “I actually have tons of respect for Chuck [Osieja, creative director] and all the guys up at Black Tusk. I think the reality is what we have is innovative Gears Of War. That’s what I believe they’re going to make.
“They’re an internal studio, but the reality is it’s cool to have [an IP] that can be a grand slam right out of the gate,” he went on. “The concepts they’ve been toying with are awesome. You take what they were thinking about and their expertise on Unreal Engine 4, because that’s what they’ve been playing with since their founding, and really go with the IP.”
Black Tusk will have the help of some familiar faces as they have secured the services of former Epic man, Rod Fergusson to aid in the development of their first Gears title.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3