Friend notifications coming in with the next Xbox One update
Microsoft has announced some details of what they have coming to the Xbox One with the next system update.
The April update will give Xbox One users the old Friend notifications were inexplicably absent from the machine's dashboard at launch.
There are more substantial additions in the new update though. Support for Blu-Ray playback at 50Hz, the ability to automatically reboot after system updates and the ability to manually search and install new updates when they're available are all big features that will hit the Xbox One with the new update.
Major Nelson said on the new updates, "We’re committed to delivering innovation through system updates, and I can’t say enough how integral fan feedback is to this process. Some features previewed won’t always make it to launch right away because we want to help ensure the best experience for our fans before pushing a new feature."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan