Friend notifications coming in with the next Xbox One update
Microsoft has announced some details of what they have coming to the Xbox One with the next system update.
The April update will give Xbox One users the old Friend notifications were inexplicably absent from the machine's dashboard at launch.
There are more substantial additions in the new update though. Support for Blu-Ray playback at 50Hz, the ability to automatically reboot after system updates and the ability to manually search and install new updates when they're available are all big features that will hit the Xbox One with the new update.
Major Nelson said on the new updates, "We’re committed to delivering innovation through system updates, and I can’t say enough how integral fan feedback is to this process. Some features previewed won’t always make it to launch right away because we want to help ensure the best experience for our fans before pushing a new feature."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One