Friend notifications coming in with the next Xbox One update
Microsoft has announced some details of what they have coming to the Xbox One with the next system update.
The April update will give Xbox One users the old Friend notifications were inexplicably absent from the machine's dashboard at launch.
There are more substantial additions in the new update though. Support for Blu-Ray playback at 50Hz, the ability to automatically reboot after system updates and the ability to manually search and install new updates when they're available are all big features that will hit the Xbox One with the new update.
Major Nelson said on the new updates, "We’re committed to delivering innovation through system updates, and I can’t say enough how integral fan feedback is to this process. Some features previewed won’t always make it to launch right away because we want to help ensure the best experience for our fans before pushing a new feature."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year