Farm51 launches Steam Greenlight campaign for Get Even, announces VR support
Farm51 has launched a Steam Greenlight campaign for their up-coming next-gen FPS Get Even.
They have also revealed that they will be building in virtual reality support as well. To celebrate the occasion they've released a 'Making Of' video on the game.
“The global reaction to Get Even’s January announcement was a welcome surprise for us,” Farm51 CEO Wojtek Pazdur explained. “Now, as part of the new Greenlight campaign, it is time to share more details. In The Farm 51 we think of a video game world as an alternate reality, not that of an interactive movie.”
He went on, ”The exciting opportunities offered by Virtual Reality and developments in that sector offer a huge benefit to a game aimed to be as immersive as ours. Get Even has the potential to support the VR concept like no other title. This is why we want to be a part of this new revolution and is why Get Even can be a landmark title in its use.”
”VR systems are a melody of a truly next-gen experience,” Pazdur added. “We expect that consumer versions of VR devices will start revolutionizing the gaming market in 2015. We are now working hard to implement VR devices into our gameplay. It is a great adventure for our team to mix VR experience with the highly realistic 3D scanning technology we use in Get Even. I’m so excited when I think where it may take us and what are the possibilities in such combination.”
Get Even is in development on PC and next-gen consoles and is due out some time in 2015.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users