Farm51 launches Steam Greenlight campaign for Get Even, announces VR support
Farm51 has launched a Steam Greenlight campaign for their up-coming next-gen FPS Get Even.
They have also revealed that they will be building in virtual reality support as well. To celebrate the occasion they've released a 'Making Of' video on the game.
“The global reaction to Get Even’s January announcement was a welcome surprise for us,” Farm51 CEO Wojtek Pazdur explained. “Now, as part of the new Greenlight campaign, it is time to share more details. In The Farm 51 we think of a video game world as an alternate reality, not that of an interactive movie.”
He went on, ”The exciting opportunities offered by Virtual Reality and developments in that sector offer a huge benefit to a game aimed to be as immersive as ours. Get Even has the potential to support the VR concept like no other title. This is why we want to be a part of this new revolution and is why Get Even can be a landmark title in its use.”
”VR systems are a melody of a truly next-gen experience,” Pazdur added. “We expect that consumer versions of VR devices will start revolutionizing the gaming market in 2015. We are now working hard to implement VR devices into our gameplay. It is a great adventure for our team to mix VR experience with the highly realistic 3D scanning technology we use in Get Even. I’m so excited when I think where it may take us and what are the possibilities in such combination.”
Get Even is in development on PC and next-gen consoles and is due out some time in 2015.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3