Farm51 launches Steam Greenlight campaign for Get Even, announces VR support
Farm51 has launched a Steam Greenlight campaign for their up-coming next-gen FPS Get Even.
They have also revealed that they will be building in virtual reality support as well. To celebrate the occasion they've released a 'Making Of' video on the game.
“The global reaction to Get Even’s January announcement was a welcome surprise for us,” Farm51 CEO Wojtek Pazdur explained. “Now, as part of the new Greenlight campaign, it is time to share more details. In The Farm 51 we think of a video game world as an alternate reality, not that of an interactive movie.”
He went on, ”The exciting opportunities offered by Virtual Reality and developments in that sector offer a huge benefit to a game aimed to be as immersive as ours. Get Even has the potential to support the VR concept like no other title. This is why we want to be a part of this new revolution and is why Get Even can be a landmark title in its use.”
”VR systems are a melody of a truly next-gen experience,” Pazdur added. “We expect that consumer versions of VR devices will start revolutionizing the gaming market in 2015. We are now working hard to implement VR devices into our gameplay. It is a great adventure for our team to mix VR experience with the highly realistic 3D scanning technology we use in Get Even. I’m so excited when I think where it may take us and what are the possibilities in such combination.”
Get Even is in development on PC and next-gen consoles and is due out some time in 2015.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer