Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls shifts more than 2.7 million copies
Blizzard has announced a whole bunch of launch statistics for the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper Of Souls, and they're pretty darned impressive.
Reaper Of Souls has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide between online sales and brick-and-mortal retailers since it launched on March 25th. Since then Malthael has been defeated more than 1.5 million times.
As well as adding fifth chapter to the Diablo II storyline, Reaper Of Souls also brought in the new free-roaming Adventure mode allowing players to head to any region within the game to hunt for loot. It also introduced the new Crusader player class with some impressive combat skills and powers.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, “With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot. We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title