Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls shifts more than 2.7 million copies
Blizzard has announced a whole bunch of launch statistics for the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper Of Souls, and they're pretty darned impressive.
Reaper Of Souls has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide between online sales and brick-and-mortal retailers since it launched on March 25th. Since then Malthael has been defeated more than 1.5 million times.
As well as adding fifth chapter to the Diablo II storyline, Reaper Of Souls also brought in the new free-roaming Adventure mode allowing players to head to any region within the game to hunt for loot. It also introduced the new Crusader player class with some impressive combat skills and powers.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, “With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot. We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced