Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls shifts more than 2.7 million copies
Blizzard has announced a whole bunch of launch statistics for the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper Of Souls, and they're pretty darned impressive.
Reaper Of Souls has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide between online sales and brick-and-mortal retailers since it launched on March 25th. Since then Malthael has been defeated more than 1.5 million times.
As well as adding fifth chapter to the Diablo II storyline, Reaper Of Souls also brought in the new free-roaming Adventure mode allowing players to head to any region within the game to hunt for loot. It also introduced the new Crusader player class with some impressive combat skills and powers.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, “With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot. We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching