Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls shifts more than 2.7 million copies
Blizzard has announced a whole bunch of launch statistics for the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper Of Souls, and they're pretty darned impressive.
Reaper Of Souls has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide between online sales and brick-and-mortal retailers since it launched on March 25th. Since then Malthael has been defeated more than 1.5 million times.
As well as adding fifth chapter to the Diablo II storyline, Reaper Of Souls also brought in the new free-roaming Adventure mode allowing players to head to any region within the game to hunt for loot. It also introduced the new Crusader player class with some impressive combat skills and powers.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, “With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot. We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer