Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls shifts more than 2.7 million copies
Blizzard has announced a whole bunch of launch statistics for the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper Of Souls, and they're pretty darned impressive.
Reaper Of Souls has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide between online sales and brick-and-mortal retailers since it launched on March 25th. Since then Malthael has been defeated more than 1.5 million times.
As well as adding fifth chapter to the Diablo II storyline, Reaper Of Souls also brought in the new free-roaming Adventure mode allowing players to head to any region within the game to hunt for loot. It also introduced the new Crusader player class with some impressive combat skills and powers.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, “With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot. We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3