Amazon announces Fire TV media streaming box that plays games
Amazon has unveiled their own set-top box the Amazon Fire TV that streams media and even plays games.
The device launches today at 99 USD with an optional game controller available for an extra 40 USD. The bundled remote will support playing games and even using a custom Amazon smartphone app that will launch next month.
There are 100 games available for the machine on launch which includes Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Gameloft's Asphalt 8 and the Fire TV-exclusive Sev Zero.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter