Amazon announces Fire TV media streaming box that plays games
Amazon has unveiled their own set-top box the Amazon Fire TV that streams media and even plays games.
The device launches today at 99 USD with an optional game controller available for an extra 40 USD. The bundled remote will support playing games and even using a custom Amazon smartphone app that will launch next month.
There are 100 games available for the machine on launch which includes Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Gameloft's Asphalt 8 and the Fire TV-exclusive Sev Zero.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side