Gearbox will “probably announce something later this year” says Randy Pitchford
Randy Pitchford has indicated that Gearbox may make an announcement later this year related to what they're working on on next-gen platforms.
In response to a fan question on Twitter Pitchford said, “We're working on next-gen. Platforms TBD. We'll probably announce something later this year.”
They currently have two next-gen projects in the works although neither of them are Borderlands 3. Furious Four has been off the radar for a while and apparently has completely evolved from the game that revealed at E3 back in 2011.
Randy Pitchford wasn't totally thrilled when this story was first reported on by GameSpot and responded saying, “Ever wondered how to fabricate a "news" story from arbitrary, disconnected comments and tweets? Here ya go” and linking to the article in question.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto