Gearbox will “probably announce something later this year” says Randy Pitchford
Randy Pitchford has indicated that Gearbox may make an announcement later this year related to what they're working on on next-gen platforms.
In response to a fan question on Twitter Pitchford said, “We're working on next-gen. Platforms TBD. We'll probably announce something later this year.”
They currently have two next-gen projects in the works although neither of them are Borderlands 3. Furious Four has been off the radar for a while and apparently has completely evolved from the game that revealed at E3 back in 2011.
Randy Pitchford wasn't totally thrilled when this story was first reported on by GameSpot and responded saying, “Ever wondered how to fabricate a "news" story from arbitrary, disconnected comments and tweets? Here ya go” and linking to the article in question.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan