Gearbox will “probably announce something later this year” says Randy Pitchford
Randy Pitchford has indicated that Gearbox may make an announcement later this year related to what they're working on on next-gen platforms.
In response to a fan question on Twitter Pitchford said, “We're working on next-gen. Platforms TBD. We'll probably announce something later this year.”
They currently have two next-gen projects in the works although neither of them are Borderlands 3. Furious Four has been off the radar for a while and apparently has completely evolved from the game that revealed at E3 back in 2011.
Randy Pitchford wasn't totally thrilled when this story was first reported on by GameSpot and responded saying, “Ever wondered how to fabricate a "news" story from arbitrary, disconnected comments and tweets? Here ya go” and linking to the article in question.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date