Gearbox will “probably announce something later this year” says Randy Pitchford
Randy Pitchford has indicated that Gearbox may make an announcement later this year related to what they're working on on next-gen platforms.
In response to a fan question on Twitter Pitchford said, “We're working on next-gen. Platforms TBD. We'll probably announce something later this year.”
They currently have two next-gen projects in the works although neither of them are Borderlands 3. Furious Four has been off the radar for a while and apparently has completely evolved from the game that revealed at E3 back in 2011.
Randy Pitchford wasn't totally thrilled when this story was first reported on by GameSpot and responded saying, “Ever wondered how to fabricate a "news" story from arbitrary, disconnected comments and tweets? Here ya go” and linking to the article in question.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year