Gearbox will “probably announce something later this year” says Randy Pitchford
Randy Pitchford has indicated that Gearbox may make an announcement later this year related to what they're working on on next-gen platforms.
In response to a fan question on Twitter Pitchford said, “We're working on next-gen. Platforms TBD. We'll probably announce something later this year.”
They currently have two next-gen projects in the works although neither of them are Borderlands 3. Furious Four has been off the radar for a while and apparently has completely evolved from the game that revealed at E3 back in 2011.
Randy Pitchford wasn't totally thrilled when this story was first reported on by GameSpot and responded saying, “Ever wondered how to fabricate a "news" story from arbitrary, disconnected comments and tweets? Here ya go” and linking to the article in question.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3