Alien: Isolation to be released in early October
SEGA and Creative Assembly have announced a release date for their eagerly-anticipated sci-fi survival-horror title Alien: Isolation.
The game's creative lead Alistair Hope revealed the release date at the end of a developer session on how they've created the low-fi 1970s feel of the game.
“We couldn’t be happier to finally announce a date for Alien: Isolation,” Hope said. “The reaction we have seen so far has been simply incredible, from the screams and shrieks to the cold sweats and racing hearts. It’s the Alien game that we’ve always wanted to play and we can’t wait to let everyone get their hands on it this fall.”
Creative Assembly have gone all out to recreate the atmosphere and sheer terror of being stalked by a lone Xenomorph as represented in Ridley Scott's 1979 original film Alien.
Alien: Isolation is due out on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October the 7th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3