BioShock 2 hinted by 2K
Perhaps unsurprisingly, given the runaway success of 2K's superior FPS BioShock, rumours of a sequel are already rife, with 2K boss Strauss Zelnick admitting as much in a conference call with investors.
Zelnick stated that a two-year release cycle similar to that employed in the development of Grand Theft Auto installments could be used for future BioShock releases - meaning that a BioShock 2 could arrive in 2009. Zelnick also revealed that sales of the game have so far topped 1.5 million, and the game could go on to become one of the fastest sellers in history.
BioShock is also Xbox Live's top demo download to date, with more than one million copies grabbed so far. "We are really pleased that Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace has managed to attract a record number of gamers to its site to download and check out BioShock," added a jubilant Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K Games.
BioShock is one of the best reviewed games of all time, and certainly the pick of the year to date. We'll keep you posted on all things related to this extraordinary title.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year