Relic reveals Company Of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies standalone content
Relic Entertainment has announced some brand new standalone content for Company Of Heroes 2 due out later this year.
The Western Front Armies is brand new standalone content that brings access to the PvE and PvP experiences of Company Of Heroes 2 with two of the Western Front forces from WWII. From the alpha footage shown at EGX Rezzed this afternoon it looks like the two factions will be the United States Forces and the German Oberkommando West. These will be accompanied by eight new maps.
Series producer Greg Wilson said, "This is a new entry point for the series," says Wilson. "You can play with and against the AI, you can play in comp stomp skirmish modes with your friends and you can also go into our automatch pool against other Company of Heroes players."
Those buying the Western Front Armies will have access to the original Company Of Heroes 2 Eastern Front content. Wilson went on, "The unique thing is that you're actually going to be able to play against existing COH2 content, too. So if you buy the US forces, say, you'll be able to drop into the automatch pool and play against the Eastern Front armies potentially on an Eastern Front map.”
“Equally,” he added, “if you own the original COH2 and you haven't had the chance to pick up any of the Western Front content and you drop into automatch, you'll actually have the opportunity to be matched up with somebody who's on the same side of the war that you are, but potentially on another map. So if you don't own the US and you're playing as the Soviets, you could potentially be teamed up with the US and playing on a Western Front map."
Company Of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies will be heading to PCs via Steam in June of this year. The US Pricing for the standalone content will be 12.99 USD for one army and 19.99 USD for both forces bundled together. There's no UK pricing as yet.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch