7,000 year ban for Halo fan
One Xbox Live gamer is reported to have picked-up a record breaking more-than 7,000 year ban after saucily tricking his way into the Epsilon beta test version of Halo 3, much to Microsoft and Bungie's consternation.
Reports on CVG.com and GameSpot seem to affirm the truth to the ban, inflicted upon one Halo fan going by the in-game name of 'Scar'. The Live user says that he was granted access to the Epsilon build by a friend, and enjoyed Halo 3 for "maybe six hours" before being kicked-out on loading attempts.
Trying to access Xbox Live the next day, Scar discovered to his horror that he had been banned until December 31st 9999. Apparently, Scar isn't the only user to be hit with a super ban for breaking the terms of using Live, the user stating they will not appeal after watching similarly punished users fail in attempts to regain access.
More on this as we get it.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015