7,000 year ban for Halo fan
One Xbox Live gamer is reported to have picked-up a record breaking more-than 7,000 year ban after saucily tricking his way into the Epsilon beta test version of Halo 3, much to Microsoft and Bungie's consternation.
Reports on CVG.com and GameSpot seem to affirm the truth to the ban, inflicted upon one Halo fan going by the in-game name of 'Scar'. The Live user says that he was granted access to the Epsilon build by a friend, and enjoyed Halo 3 for "maybe six hours" before being kicked-out on loading attempts.
Trying to access Xbox Live the next day, Scar discovered to his horror that he had been banned until December 31st 9999. Apparently, Scar isn't the only user to be hit with a super ban for breaking the terms of using Live, the user stating they will not appeal after watching similarly punished users fail in attempts to regain access.
More on this as we get it.
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week