Titanfall cheaters to match cheaters against other cheaters only
Respawn has announced details on how they will be dealing with those players that want to cheat in Titanfall.
So far they have just been collecting data on those that are trying to hack and cheat the game on PC but now measures are active to punish those that cheat at Titanfall on the PC.
Instead of imposing an outright ban on those caught cheating, offenders will be locked out of some of the game's features like progression and the Challenges system. Cheaters will also have their main menu marked with the message “Cheat Detected” and matchmaking will be limited others who have been caught cheating.
So far Respawn has only announced details of how they'll be dealing with cheating on the PC as it is the platform where players are most likely to cheat. This doesn't mean that those that cheat on Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox 360 version won't be punished in some way.
Thanks US Gamer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3