Telltale: Our Game Of Thrones game series is not a prequel
Telltale Games CEO Dan Connors has been talking about their upcoming Game Of Thrones series and how it will fit in to the canon of George R R Martin's universe.
Connors has been quite emphatic that it would not be a prequel and given that they have managed to carve out their own corner path in universes like Bill Willingham's Fables and Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead there is not doubt that they will take a similar approach with Game Of Thrones.
“It’s not a prequel,” Connors explained. “I think the show provides a timeline, but the world is huge. There’s so much going on and it’s so rich. Every decision that King Joffrey makes impacts so many people. Any microcosm in that world [looking at how] people are affected by the decisions that are made plays out across the whole thing.”
He went on, “The show does a great job of interpreting George R.R. Martin’s work, and his work provides a huge dictionary of knowledge about what the franchise is. It’s really a dream to sit down and say, ‘What’s our space in this world? Where are we in this world?’ And the world offers you so much to explore.”
Telltale's take on the Game Of Thrones series was announced at Christmas time during Spike TV's VGX Awards show. It is expected to arrive some time later on this year.
Thanks Digital Trends.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto