Halo 3 is gold
Word in this evening from Microsoft informs us that Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 3, the final chapter in Bungie's proposed trilogy, has gone 'gold', meaning that a final copy of the game has been sent off for duplication by the development team.
Halo 3 has been some three years in the making, and will be out in stores across the globe in less than four weeks, according to word from the publisher. Reports suggests that pre-orders stateside have already exceeded an incredible one-million copies, and analysts are already predicting that the game will break innumerable sales records upon release.
"This is a huge milestone for us and a big cause for celebration at Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios," grinned Harold Ryan, Studio Head at Bungie Studios. "This is the game we’ve always wanted to make and certainly the best game our studio has developed. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on it on Sept. 25."
Let the hyperbole end!
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine