Halo 3 is gold
Word in this evening from Microsoft informs us that Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 3, the final chapter in Bungie's proposed trilogy, has gone 'gold', meaning that a final copy of the game has been sent off for duplication by the development team.
Halo 3 has been some three years in the making, and will be out in stores across the globe in less than four weeks, according to word from the publisher. Reports suggests that pre-orders stateside have already exceeded an incredible one-million copies, and analysts are already predicting that the game will break innumerable sales records upon release.
"This is a huge milestone for us and a big cause for celebration at Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios," grinned Harold Ryan, Studio Head at Bungie Studios. "This is the game we’ve always wanted to make and certainly the best game our studio has developed. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on it on Sept. 25."
Let the hyperbole end!
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like