Halo 3 is gold
Word in this evening from Microsoft informs us that Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 3, the final chapter in Bungie's proposed trilogy, has gone 'gold', meaning that a final copy of the game has been sent off for duplication by the development team.
Halo 3 has been some three years in the making, and will be out in stores across the globe in less than four weeks, according to word from the publisher. Reports suggests that pre-orders stateside have already exceeded an incredible one-million copies, and analysts are already predicting that the game will break innumerable sales records upon release.
"This is a huge milestone for us and a big cause for celebration at Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios," grinned Harold Ryan, Studio Head at Bungie Studios. "This is the game we’ve always wanted to make and certainly the best game our studio has developed. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on it on Sept. 25."
Let the hyperbole end!
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator