Halo 3 is gold
Word in this evening from Microsoft informs us that Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 3, the final chapter in Bungie's proposed trilogy, has gone 'gold', meaning that a final copy of the game has been sent off for duplication by the development team.
Halo 3 has been some three years in the making, and will be out in stores across the globe in less than four weeks, according to word from the publisher. Reports suggests that pre-orders stateside have already exceeded an incredible one-million copies, and analysts are already predicting that the game will break innumerable sales records upon release.
"This is a huge milestone for us and a big cause for celebration at Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios," grinned Harold Ryan, Studio Head at Bungie Studios. "This is the game we’ve always wanted to make and certainly the best game our studio has developed. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on it on Sept. 25."
Let the hyperbole end!
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer