Halo 3 is gold
Word in this evening from Microsoft informs us that Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 3, the final chapter in Bungie's proposed trilogy, has gone 'gold', meaning that a final copy of the game has been sent off for duplication by the development team.
Halo 3 has been some three years in the making, and will be out in stores across the globe in less than four weeks, according to word from the publisher. Reports suggests that pre-orders stateside have already exceeded an incredible one-million copies, and analysts are already predicting that the game will break innumerable sales records upon release.
"This is a huge milestone for us and a big cause for celebration at Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios," grinned Harold Ryan, Studio Head at Bungie Studios. "This is the game we’ve always wanted to make and certainly the best game our studio has developed. We can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on it on Sept. 25."
Let the hyperbole end!
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May