GC Best of Show awards revealed
Late news from the Leipzig Messe in Germany confirms the final winners of the coveted Best in Show awards being held in celebration of all those titles playable at the Games Convention shindig.
One of the big winners was Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, which took best PS2 and best PS3 title. Then there's BioShock, a non-surprise as best Xbox 360 title. Crysis won best PC game, and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was judged favourite on Wii.
BioShock was only just nominated, as the game launched during GC week; titles released before the show started being ineligible to compete. No award for best mobile game was delivered as there were only two games up for that particular gong.
Let's break it down:
- PC: Crysis
- Xbox 360: BioShock
- PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
- PS2: PES 2008
- PS3: PES 2008
- Wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
- DS: Eye Training
- Online: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Hardware/accessory: Wii Balance Board
- Mobile: None
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch