GC Best of Show awards revealed
Late news from the Leipzig Messe in Germany confirms the final winners of the coveted Best in Show awards being held in celebration of all those titles playable at the Games Convention shindig.
One of the big winners was Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, which took best PS2 and best PS3 title. Then there's BioShock, a non-surprise as best Xbox 360 title. Crysis won best PC game, and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was judged favourite on Wii.
BioShock was only just nominated, as the game launched during GC week; titles released before the show started being ineligible to compete. No award for best mobile game was delivered as there were only two games up for that particular gong.
Let's break it down:
- PC: Crysis
- Xbox 360: BioShock
- PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
- PS2: PES 2008
- PS3: PES 2008
- Wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
- DS: Eye Training
- Online: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Hardware/accessory: Wii Balance Board
- Mobile: None
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title