GC Best of Show awards revealed
Late news from the Leipzig Messe in Germany confirms the final winners of the coveted Best in Show awards being held in celebration of all those titles playable at the Games Convention shindig.
One of the big winners was Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, which took best PS2 and best PS3 title. Then there's BioShock, a non-surprise as best Xbox 360 title. Crysis won best PC game, and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was judged favourite on Wii.
BioShock was only just nominated, as the game launched during GC week; titles released before the show started being ineligible to compete. No award for best mobile game was delivered as there were only two games up for that particular gong.
Let's break it down:
- PC: Crysis
- Xbox 360: BioShock
- PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
- PS2: PES 2008
- PS3: PES 2008
- Wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
- DS: Eye Training
- Online: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Hardware/accessory: Wii Balance Board
- Mobile: None
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side