GC Best of Show awards revealed
Late news from the Leipzig Messe in Germany confirms the final winners of the coveted Best in Show awards being held in celebration of all those titles playable at the Games Convention shindig.
One of the big winners was Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, which took best PS2 and best PS3 title. Then there's BioShock, a non-surprise as best Xbox 360 title. Crysis won best PC game, and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was judged favourite on Wii.
BioShock was only just nominated, as the game launched during GC week; titles released before the show started being ineligible to compete. No award for best mobile game was delivered as there were only two games up for that particular gong.
Let's break it down:
- PC: Crysis
- Xbox 360: BioShock
- PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
- PS2: PES 2008
- PS3: PES 2008
- Wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
- DS: Eye Training
- Online: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Hardware/accessory: Wii Balance Board
- Mobile: None
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing