GC Best of Show awards revealed
Late news from the Leipzig Messe in Germany confirms the final winners of the coveted Best in Show awards being held in celebration of all those titles playable at the Games Convention shindig.
One of the big winners was Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, which took best PS2 and best PS3 title. Then there's BioShock, a non-surprise as best Xbox 360 title. Crysis won best PC game, and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was judged favourite on Wii.
BioShock was only just nominated, as the game launched during GC week; titles released before the show started being ineligible to compete. No award for best mobile game was delivered as there were only two games up for that particular gong.
Let's break it down:
- PC: Crysis
- Xbox 360: BioShock
- PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
- PS2: PES 2008
- PS3: PES 2008
- Wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
- DS: Eye Training
- Online: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Hardware/accessory: Wii Balance Board
- Mobile: None
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey