Schafer promises new title in 2008
Game design legend Tim Schafer is promising a new game from his studio, Double Fine, come 2008, the developer revealed in an address at the Game Developers Conference early last week.
The much celebrated designer of several adventure classics couldn't delve into any details about his latest opus, but did reveal that it should hit town next year. What else is new? Well, we also learn that Sierra / Vivendi are set to publish the new offering - whatever it might turn out to be.
Online chitter-chatter does hint at a few details regarding the new game however, one particular rumour hinting that the game would be called Brutal Legend and would star Tenacious D front-man and movie star Jack Black. Indeed, Schafer has even conceded that some of said rumours are true, while others are not.
We'll keep our noses to the ground for more tittle-tattle.
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II